Sunday, September 9, 2007

Sunday, September 9, 2007 **My Birthday!**

I GET THE BEST PRESENT EVER, A NEW DAUGHTER!!!!

We will meet Esther tomorrow morning at 9:00 am which is actually Sunday, Sept. 9th at 6:00 pm at home, my birthday. I can't think of a better birthday present.

We had a real laid back day today. We slept in and about 10 am we went down to the restaurant for breakfast. Our aim for the day was to find somewhere to have our laundry done. We stepped outside of our hotel and the doorman Jordan saw our bag of laundry and asked if we needed help. He so kindly directed us to a side street and tried to explain how to find the place (it is someone's home on the second floor of an apartment). He said, you will not be able to find it, it is so tiny. He offered to take it when his shift ended. I told him we would give it a try with his directions and if we couldn't find it we would let him take it. Right then my phone rang it was the H's... they began to sing happy birthday to me and Jordan heard this... he said, "It is your birthday?" I said yes. He said, "Wait here a moment". Jordan came back with a pink long stem rose for me. I was so touched. Then he said he got permission from his boss to go with us and show us where the laundry was. We grabbed a taxi because it was raining and we went right to it. He was correct... I would not have found it. It was very kind of Jordan to take such good care of us.
We went back to the hotel and I went to the Beauty Salon. I decided to give my self a birthday present and be queen for a day. I started with a foot massage, it was excellent... then a back rub... and then I had my hair washed and curled so it would be pretty when I meet Esther tomorrow. All of this for 164 RMB which about $25 for 4 hours of pampering... I love China!
I had a surprise while I was having my foot massage... there was aknock on the door and there was DH and our little one with Jordan! Jordan had somehow gotten a birthday cake for me and brought it to the Beauty Salon! What a surprise! Then everyone in the Beauty Salon knew it was my birthday so later as my hair was being washed they played Happy Birthday over the stereo system... I felt so special. They were all very sweet.
I went back to our room with my curly hair and we went out to dinner.

Just counting the hours at this point... not the days until we see Esther!

2 comments:

Linda said...

Happy birthday, Trina! I am counting our daughter's adoption as my b-day present also since mine is 9/7, and we will be getting her on 9/10. I guess your family and my husband will pass like ships in the night. He is staying at the Huatian Hotel and will be at the provincial offices at 11 AM. Oh well - it was a nice thought. I wish you much joy!
~Linda Shoemate
BTW, Bob's luggage was lost, so if you see a very unmatched little 8 year old girl, know that I didn't send those clothes - lol!!

dawn lewis said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! We hope you have the best present of all with you right now. It's been wonderful tracking with you on your adventures so far. Bless you! The Lewises